View progress, automate workflows and more. These top task management software will assist you keep your projects on track.
Task or task management software is more than simply a to-do list. You can use it to set deadlines, track progress, delegate subtasks and much more. Nevertheless, with many job management software on the marketplace, it can be challenging to pick the best one for your company.
SEE: Hiring kit: Project supervisor (TechRepublic Premium)
On this page, you will discover an assembled list of top task management software for 2023. We have likewise shared our method, highlighting the parameters we utilized for compiling this list. You will get to discover key functions to try to find in task management software, so you can choose a tool that is the best fit for your organization.
Finest task management software
Asana: Finest for remote teams
Image: Asana is a complete task management option using a variety of functions, consisting of ready-made job templates, reporting control panels, and automation. You can even integrate it with your tech stack to streamline your service operations. One of the leading features of Asana is security and personal privacy functions that make it possible for businesses to keep their data safe. The scalability provided by Asana makes it ideal for companies of all sizes, consisting of enterprises.
- Fundamental: Free permanently.
- Premium: $10.99 per user each month, billed yearly.
- Service: $24.99 per user each month, billed each year.
- Enterprise: Contact sales for a custom quote.
- Extensive combinations: Integration with popular third-party apps, such as Zoom, Salesforce, Dropbox, Slack, and Tableau, extends Asana’s performance.
- Interface: Newbies will discover it easy to begin utilizing Asana’s simple control panel, while more skilled users will value the fast access to sophisticated functions and modification tools.
- Effective combinations.
- Assistance for Agile and scrum.
- Exceptional group cooperation tools.
- Restricted mobile app.
- Time tracking features need improvement.
- Does not use job projects to multiple users.
For more information, read the complete Asana review.
Todoist: Finest for simple job management
Image: Todoist If you are searching for easy and basic task management and software, you can consider utilizing Todoist. It is developed to have a clean and user-friendly user interface. You can produce jobs, assign them to users, set up concerns and use tracking tools to check development. Todoist also provides a function to welcome non-users, such as clients, to collaborate
on your jobs.
- Rates Free plan: No charge. Pro: $4 per individual monthly, billed each year.
- Company: $6 per user monthly, billed each year.
- Priority levels: Todoist permits users to set up priority levels for various tasks, and it highlights the day’s most high-priority tasks.
- Customized views: Users can personalize their views with labels, filters and themes as well as get in touch with e-mails and calendars to centralize their work in one place.
- Automatic syncing.
- Easy to use.
- Non-users can view and work together on tasks.
- Limited views.
- Users functions only available in the paid plans.
- Missing innovative features such as reporting or analytics.
Trello: Finest for novices
Image: Atlassian Trello is a web-based task management and cooperation software application. The layout includes cards, boards and lists, which can be personalized according to user preferences. The responsive website design is enhanced for tablets, mobile phones and desktops. In addition, users can set up notifications settings according to their needs.
- Free: No charge.
- Standard: $5 per user each month.
- Premium: $10 per user per month.
- Enterprise: Starts at $17.50 per user per month.
- Kanban boards: Trello makes it simple to handle tasks through its kanban boards, with cards and lists supplying a visual user interface that is simple to use for novices.
- Templates: Users can make their lives simpler and save time utilizing the in-built design templates for task management.
- Butler automation: Trello’s Butler feature provides numerous automation tools– for instance, users can develop commands and rules to reduce repetitive or redundant work.
- Advanced features on the complimentary version.
- Real-time updates.
- Client-access tools.
- Restricted size for attachments.
- Not matched for big or intricate jobs.
- No native time tracking.
Smartsheet: Finest for spreadsheet users
Image: Smartsheet is a spreadsheet-style job management software application that is highly customizable. It uses a number of task management tools, including content partnership, and shareable calendars. A drawback of Smartsheet is that the spreadsheet-style interface can be frustrating for some users.
- Pro: $7 per user monthly.
- Business: $25 per user per month.
- Business: Price on demand.
- Enterprise-grade data security: Among the exceptional functions of Smartsheet is its data security functions, that include two-factor authentication, 256-bit file encryption and a single sign-on function. It is likewise compliant with HIPAA, ISO, GDPR and other requirements.
- Reporting and analytics: The effective reporting and analytics function of Smartsheet permits users to determine organization trends, track task development and forecast prospective concerns with job conclusion.
- Extremely personalized.
- Powerful tools for data security.
- Advanced reporting and analytics.
- Steep discovering curve for users not acquainted with spreadsheets.
- Autosave does not operate in actual time.
To find out more, checked out the full Smartsheet review.
ClickUp: Best for growing organizations
Image: ClickUp is a cloud-based job management option appropriate for companies of all sizes. It offers job automation, custom field information and job assignment functions. Using ClickUp, users can customize jobs based upon top priority. The activity stream updates the status of tasks in genuine time. Users can likewise establish notices for particular jobs.
- Free plan: No charge.
- Limitless: $5 per person per month.
- Organization: $12 per individual each month.
- Business Plus: $19 per individual per month.
- Business: Customized prices.
- Job customization: ClickUp enables users to personalize jobs by creating custom fields or modifying priority settings. The customization tools include developing task descriptions, adding remarks, formatting text and more.
- ClickApps design template library: ClickApps uses a range of ready-to-use templates created by the ClickUp community. Users can even create and duplicate regularly utilized design templates. The templates can be used to jobs and subtasks.
- Unrestricted users on all plans.
- Group chatting tools.
- Ideal for solo users and groups.
- User interface feels clunky.
- Minimal automation monthly.
For more details, read the complete ClickUp review.
What are essential features of job management tools?
The automation features permit users to conserve time and energy on recurring, time consuming or redundant jobs. Another advantage of automating tasks is that it reduces mistakes. While a lot of task management software application uses automation, some are more customizable than others.
Among the significant benefits of utilizing job management software application is that it supplies some structure to group cooperation. Users can receive info and share updates with their coworkers and managers. This might be done via a real-time chat feature or other tools.
Built-in time tracking tools allow users to remain on top of job schedules, track billable and non-billable hours, and anticipate any difficulties to job completion.
With leading job management software, you get a variety of views, such as lists, cards and kanban boards. The views offer an effective and basic design for each stage of the job.
How to pick task management software application
Whether you are a large enterprise or solo user, you could benefit from task management software, as it supplies a structure to arrange, appoint and track jobs. When selecting the right job management tool, you need to consider what problem you are aiming to solve and how the software assists you fix that issue.
A few of the most important things to consider consist of the user interface, partnership, prices structure and distinct features. If your working model needs you to share tasks or tasks with clients, select software that offers these features. Remember that not all task management software allows you to share jobs with non-users such as clients or guests.
The interface need to be instinctive, so your group doesn’t deal with a high knowing curve. The majority of task management software application uses a kanban-style dashboard; however, some are based on a spreadsheet model. You need to also think about whether you desire a web or cloud-based system or an on-premises variation.
While top task management software need to use fundamental features such as job views and subtasks, you want to consider the unique functions. This includes two-factor authentication, real-time partnership, task reliances or any specific function that is a must-have for your organization.
Lastly, you wish to think about the cost point. Ideally, you wish to evaluate the software application prior to you decide, so if there is a complimentary version or totally free trial available, you need to utilize that facility. Many free job management software absence advanced functions, but you will get a feel for the user interface and core functions.
To figure out the very best job management tool, we investigate an extensive list of job management tools. We used expert insights, client evaluations, software application requirements, pricing structure, third-party integrations, unique functions and several other metrics to compile this list of leading job management software application for 2023.
Read next: 7 best task management ticketing systems for 2023 (TechRepublic)