Deploying mission-critical applications on Google Cloud can yield immediate benefits in terms of efficiency and overall cost of ownership (TCO). That’s why Google Cloud is partnering with Intel to help our shared clients optimize their most requiring work on Intel-based instances. The Intel Software Center of Quality (CoE) for Google Cloud introduced as a pilot in North America in 2015, and the outcomes were dramatic– with a boost in Tensorflow inference efficiency for advertisement ranking algorithms, gain in throughput and decrease in latency for Redis under heavy loads and faster transcoding of videos to 1080p.
Now, Intel and Google Cloud are broadening the program worldwide by opening it as much as select high-growth business accounts.The Intel Software application
Center of Excellence is a white-glove, high-touch program for clients looking to reduce latency and enhance work effectiveness. This program is designed to enhance the worth clients get from their Intel Xeon Scalable processors running in Google Cloud, using them benchmarking and efficiency optimization methods. It offers:
- Direct access to Intel engineers providing white-glove service
- Assistance for enhancing the cost performance and the functional efficiency of Intel-based Google Cloud circumstances
- Code-level suggestions on Intel processors so consumers can experience the most benefit possible from their Google Cloud financial investments
Enhancing the performance of your most requiring workloads
Joining the CoE program is an opportunity to work straight with Intel engineers to make the most of the performance of your work on Intel circumstances in Google Cloud. Here are just a couple of examples of workloads that CoE participants are able to tweak and better handle performance through the program:
- Databases: Find out to utilize a variety of relational and nonrelational databases to deal with latency problems at peak loads or under complicated conditions, such as Redis “latency knee” for e-commerce applications.
- Analytics: Get guidance on using Apache Glow.
- AI reasoning, including Recommendation, natural language processing, and vision recognition: Make the most of Intel DL Boost in N2/C2 instances and Intel Mathematics Kernel Library, and Tensorflow optimization.
- Secure web deals: Integrated Intel crypto directions can speed security processing for applications such as NGINX and WordPress.
- Language runtime libraries, including Golang Crypto, Java, and Python.
- Media, including video transcode, encode, and decipher, in addition to image processing, such as AVX-512 optimization and library optimizations like multithreading.
“The partnership between Intel, Google and Equifax making use of the Intel Software application CoE effectively optimized Equifax’s environment by producing nearly 2x throughput and a 50% drop in our critical metric for latency,” states Bryson Koehler, Chief Item, Data, Analytics & Technology Officer at Equifax. “The CoE fulfilled our goals around expense optimization while improving performance SLAs for our end-customers.”
How it works
The Intel Software Center of Quality engagement occurs in 3 phases:
- Stage 1: Discovery. The Google Cloud and Intel groups team up with you to evaluate your performance objectives and recognize essential tasks and long-term objectives that might affect compute trends.
- Stage 2: Efficiency Evaluation. Intel engineers take advantage of your metrics and Intel internal resources to evaluate resource utilization across your service footprint.
- Phase 3: Efficiency report. The engagement concludes with the Intel team delivering a Performance Report, which includes detailed optimization recommendations, an action plan, and an execution strategy, and recommendations for possible assistance from Google Cloud Specialist Provider Company (PSO), which can provide functional guidance on getting the most value from your Google Cloud items.
Contact us to participate
The Intel Software CoE is open by application. Once your application is reviewed and accepted, there is no charge for the service. To participate, please total the online application.
Copyright © 2022 IDG Communications, Inc.