When it pertains to the programming language skills companies desire most, HackerRank has discovered a handful of languages bunched at the top of the list, including Java, Python, and SQL. Need for others, such as Go and TypeScript, is growing but routes far behind need for the leaders.These findings
To estimate company need for particular languages, HackerRank Work tests were evaluated. Skill demand was assessed based on the number of HackerRank Work tests using particular library questions. To evaluate developer preferences, HackerRank tracked submitted languages by candidates when they have several choices readily available, in addition to efficiency in those languages. HackerRank Neighborhood practice data likewise was assessed.In other findings
in HackerRank’s report:
- R and Scala experienced a loss of designers in 2022.
- Languages that grew in 2021 and 2022 are expected to continue to grow in 2023, including Java, Python, and SQL.
- The demand for REST API skills grew by 179%.
- Need for Docker skills has been eclipsed by that for Kubernetes container orchestration abilities.
- Company and developer need for data science and machine learning skills is growing.
- In general, the tech industry continues to grow, although growth in 2022 slowed compared to 2021.
Copyright © 2022 IDG Communications, Inc.