Searching for an economical and powerful candidate tracking system? Check out this list of the 6 best complimentary ATS solutions for 2023 and discover the best one for your company.
A candidate tracking system is a human resources software application that serves as a database for job candidates. It helps HR and recruiting groups simplify the working with process from end to end by automating jobs, managing interaction and remaining certified.
ATSs are used by business of all sizes to arrange, search, and interact with big groups of applicants. They are handy to businesses since they can conserve time, cash, and resources, improve the quality of hires and enhance the prospect experience.
Top complimentary applicant tracking systems for 2023
|Name||Mobile app||Native video interviewing||Resume parsing||Prospect scoring||Task board combination|
|Employee CRM||Yes (Android and iOS)||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Freshteam by Freshworks||Yes (Android and iOS)||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|JazzHR||No||No||Yes||Yes for Plus plan and above||Yes|
|Breezy HR||Yes (Android and iOS)||Yes||Yes||Yes for Development plan and above||Yes|
|Zoho Recruit||Yes (Android and iOS)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Ceipal ATS||Yes (Android and iOS)||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Recruit CRM: Best for recruitment firms
Image: Recruit CRM Recruit CRM has actually regularly gotten high ratings from independent third-party
software testers. It uses a cloud-based ATS that integrates with e-mail, job boards, social networks and more. It likewise has a CRM module that assists employers manage relationships with customers and candidates.
Recruit CRM is the exceptional option for companies as it includes an effective AI resume parser that can parse resumes from e-mails. It also includes an uncomplicated kanban view customized to both sales and recruitment, email triggers and advanced Boolean browse capabilities. Employers currently utilize the tool in over 80 nations around the world.
Employee CRM has a fully-functional complimentary strategy.
- Email integration: Connect your email account with Employee CRM and send and receive e-mails from within the software. Create email templates, track email opens and clicks, and schedule email campaigns.
- Job board combination: Post your tasks to multiple task boards such as Indeed, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet with one click. Track the efficiency of your task ads and see which sources bring you more prospects.
- Resume parsing: Extract appropriate info from resumes, such as name, contact information, abilities, education and work experience, and create candidate profiles immediately. Parse resumes directly from e-mail or any site through a browser extension.
- Candidate sourcing: Use keywords or filters to find passive candidates on various platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Import candidates from other sources, such as recommendations or events, through a web form or mobile app.
- Pipeline management: Handle your prospects through different phases of the recruitment process, consisting of screening, interviewing and employing. Produce custom pipelines for various kinds of tasks or clients, and assign jobs and reminders to yourself or your employee.
- Reports and analytics: Procedure and improve your recruitment efficiency utilizing various metrics such as time-to-hire, cost-per-hire, source effectiveness and recruiter performance. Tailor reports and export them in different formats.
- Easy to use and customize.
- The free plan allows users to experience all functions.
- Responsive consumer support.
- Android and iOS mobile apps.
- Combination with 5000+ apps by means of Zapier.
- Multilingual support.
- It does not have some sophisticated features such as video talking to or evaluations.
The rates design of Employee CRM is based upon the number of users and functions. Users can register for a demo or complimentary plan to evaluate the platform and determine their requirements.
The free plan consists of 50 candidates, 50 contacts and business, four open jobs, email templates and all the functions released on the vendor’s site.
There are three paid strategies, which differ by place. For US consumers, they are as follows:
- Pro: $50 per user monthly.
- Organization: $79 per user monthly.
- Enterprise: $90 per user per month (yearly billing just).
Freshteam by Freshworks: Best for HR departments
Image: Freshworks Freshteam by Freshworks is a cloud-based HR software platform that assists you handle your hiring, onboarding, offboarding, staff member information and time off in one location. It becomes part of the Freshworks suite of items that includes other SaaS platforms such as Freshdesk, Freshservice and Freshsales. Freshteam permits you to draw in and source leading skill through a customizable career site, integration with different task boards and social media channels, and a prospect relationship management system. It also enables you to collaborate with your working with group, screen and interview candidates, share feedback and make offers.
Freshteam helps companies onboard new hires efficiently with paperless document collection, task project, and progress tracking. You can also offboard exiting staff members rapidly with automated workflows and exit studies. Freshteam permits you to keep and handle worker details in a centralized database available from numerous gadgets.
Most importantly, Freshteam has a completely totally free tier.
- Candidate tracking: Handle your working with process from publishing tasks, sourcing prospects, evaluating resumes, scheduling interviews, gathering feedback, making offers and working with skill. Incorporates with numerous task boards and social media channels to draw in more applicants. Personalize your recruitment workflow and automate jobs such as resume screening and follow-up emails.
- Onboarding: Onboard brand-new hires smoothly and effectively with paperless file collection, job assignments, progress tracking and welcome e-mails. Develop custom onboarding prepare for various functions and departments and offboard leaving staff members quickly with automated workflows and exit surveys.
- Mobile app: Gain access to your worker database, approve time-off requests, view reports and dashboards, and complete HR jobs from your Android or iOS device.
- Easy to utilize, with an user-friendly user interface.
- Lots of features and integrations that cover the whole hiring lifecycle.
- A complimentary plan for up to 50 employees and affordable pricing prepare for larger groups.
- Responsive client support group that provides practical guidance.
- Android and iOS mobile apps.
- It lacks sophisticated features like video talking to, resume parsing and prospect scoring.
- It has actually restricted personalization choices for some elements, such as e-mail design templates, reports and workflows.
Freshteam by Freshworks has 4 rates strategies:
- Free: $0 regular monthly for as much as 50 workers, with important features such as job publishing, candidate management, interview scheduling and email integration.
- Growth: $1.20 per staff member per month plus a $71 platform cost, with additional features such as career site branding, deal management and an employee recommendation website.
- Pro: $2.40 per employee monthly plus a $119 platform fee monthly, with more advanced features such as hiring analytics, custom user functions, and custom pipelines and phases.
- Business: $4.80 per staff member each month plus a $203 platform cost monthly, with premium functions such as a devoted account manager and premium assistance.
JazzHR: Best for collective hiring
< img src=" https://www.techrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/jazzhr-270x270.webp "alt="The purple JazzHR logo design." width="200"height=" 200 "/ > Image: JazzHR allows recruiters to team up with employing managers and employee throughout the employing process. It includes a candidate scoring system, a personalized workflow
and a mobile app. JazzHR is among the best ATSs for collaborative hiring because it allows you to:
- Involve your team in every step of the working with process.
- Share candidate info quickly across your organization.
- Source diverse perspectives and viewpoints on prospective hires.
While JazzHR does not have a completely totally free pricing strategy, it does provide a 21-day complimentary trial that is fully-functional. Users can access and check all of the platform’s features without needing a credit card.
- Collaborative hiring: Invite your team members to review candidates’ profiles, leave feedback, rate them on a scale of 1 to 5 stars, and vote on whether to move them forward.
- Customizable workflows: Produce different stages and jobs for each job opening and track the progress of your candidates through them.
- Task syndication: Post your jobs to more than 15 totally free and exceptional job boards, such as Indeed, Glassdoor and ZipRecruiter, with one click.
- Candidate sourcing: Usage JazzHR’s Chrome extension to source prospects from LinkedIn, Certainly Resume Browse and GitHub and import them into your database.
- Resume screening: With the resume parser you can extract pertinent details from resumes, such as skills, education and experience, and filter prospects accordingly.
- Candidate interaction: Send out personalized e-mails and text to candidates from within JazzHR and sync your calendar with Google or Outlook to arrange interviews.
- Combinations: Broaden functionality with lots of integrations available through the JazzHR Marketplace.
- Easy to find out and utilize.
- Offers a totally free trial and a demo.
- Collective hiring features.
- Combinations with job boards and calendars.
- It does not have some innovative features like video speaking with.
Jazz HR has 3 pricing tiers:
- Hero: $49 each month (annual billing).
- Plus: $239 monthly on a yearly plan.
- Pro: $359 monthly on a yearly strategy.
The supplier also uses high-volume and RBO pricing choices as follows:
- Hero: $99 each month (yearly billing).
- Plus: $239 per month on an annual strategy.
- Pro: $359 each month on an annual strategy.
All plans feature a 21-day complimentary trial with limitless users and no charge card required.
Breezy HR: Best complimentary candidate tracking system general
< img src=" https://www.techrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/breezy-hr-logo-tr-270x203.png "alt= "Breezy logo design." width="270"height="203"/ > Image: Breezy HR is a modern-day hiring and candidate tracking system that helps you attract, interview and hire skill. It has a complimentary Bootstrap strategy that supports approximately one active job and one user. The totally free strategy also consists of unrestricted prospects, several languages, customer support, a drag-and-drop user interface, a video speaking with feature and a Chrome extension. The totally free strategy is free forever, as long as you don’t exceed the limitations of one active task and one user.
- Advertise positions on multiple job boards: Post your tasks to over 50 free and superior job boards, including Indeed, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, ZipRecruiter and more. Produce your own customized profession portal with your branding and logo design.
- Examine resumes with AI and keyword matching: Usage AI to parse resumes and match them to your task requirements. Usage keywords to filter prospects by abilities, experience, education, area and more.
- Automate the interview process: Syncs with your calendar and lets you schedule interviews with candidates quickly. Sends out automated tips to prospects and recruiters via email or SMS.
- Built-in video interviewing: Lets you carry out live or recorded interviews with prospects. Gather feedback from your group using adjustable scorecards and scores.
- Tools to evaluate prospects: Assess candidates’ suitability for the function utilizing different tools. Usage scorecards to rate prospects on various criteria and compare them side by side. Usage assessments to check candidates’ skills, character, cultural fit and more. Request referral checks from candidates’ previous employers or coworkers via email.
- Task offer management by means of design templates, e-signatures and HRIS combinations: Breezy HR streamlines the process of extending offers to your finest candidates. You can use templates to produce deal letters that match your branding and legal requirements, and send out deals by means of email and get e-signatures from candidates in minutes. Breezy HR likewise incorporates with popular HR systems like BambooHR, ADP Labor Force Now and Paylocity, so you can easily move new hires into your HR system of option.
- A free strategy and an affordable prices structure for small and medium companies.
- Easy to use and user-friendly user interface.
- Effective AI resume analysis function.
- Lots of integrations with popular tools like LinkedIn, Slack and Gmail.
- Responsive customer assistance group.
- Some reported bugs and glitches that impact its efficiency and functionality.
- Compatibility concerns reported with particular internet browsers and gadgets.
- Room for enhancement in its reporting and analytics features.
Breezy HR provides 4 rates strategies:
- Bootstrap: Free forever (based on T&C s).
- Startup: $189 monthly.
- Growth: $329 per month.
- Service: $529 monthly.
You can also try any paid plan for free for 14 days.
Zoho Recruit: Best for customization
< img src ="https://www.techrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/zoho-recruit-270x270.jpg"alt= "Red Zoho hire logo design."width="150"height="150"/ > Image: Zoho Employee is an online applicant tracking system that helps you manage every aspect of your recruitment procedure. It permits you to produce task appropriations, post jobs on numerous channels, parse resumes, track prospects, schedule interviews, send emails and
create reports. Zoho Recruit has a complimentary plan for one recruiter and one active task.
- Resume management: Upload resumes from numerous sources, such as e-mail attachments, social media profiles and job boards. Use Zoho’s robust resume parser to instantly extract candidate information and create candidate records.
- Email templates: Develop and tailor email templates for different phases of your hiring process, such as verification, rejection and deal. Use merge fields to personalize your emails with prospect details.
- Interview scheduling: Schedule interviews with candidates using Zoho’s calendar integration with Google Calendar, Outlook and iCal. Send interview invites and tips to prospects and job interviewers by means of e-mail or SMS.
- Candidate feedback: Gather feedback from interviewers utilizing Zoho’s online types or mobile app. Rate candidates based on their skills and qualifications utilizing a star score system.
- Personalized workflows, forms, fields and templates.
- Incorporates with different third-party tools.
- Supports an environment of other items such as Zoho CRM, Zoho People and Zoho Mail for a smooth experience.
- The free plan has some constraints, such as no career site, evaluations or social recruiting.
- Paid strategies have a steep learning curve.
Zoho Recruit’s paid strategies start from $25 per user each month.
Ceipal ATS: Finest for automated recruiting
< img src="https://www.techrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Ceipal.jpg"alt="Ceipal company logo design."width="122"height="40"/ > Image: Ceipal ATS is a cloud-based applicant tracking system designed to assist recruiters automate their workflow, close more positionings much faster and simplify their skill acquisition process.
While Ceipal ATS does not have a ‘free permanently’ prices strategy, it does provide a fully-functional 14-day complimentary trial with endless users, so you can check the software application’s functions before acquiring.
- AI-driven passive prospect sourcing: Discover certified candidates who are not actively trying to find a task but may be interested in your chances. Usage Ceipal’s AI engine to browse throughout numerous sources, such as social networks, task boards and resume databases.
- Managed resume harvesting: Gather and store resumes from different sources in a central database. Establish automated rules to filter, parse, improve and rank resumes based on your criteria.
- One-click job posts: Post your tasks to several platforms with just one click. Track the performance of your postings and manage your responses from a single dashboard.
- AI-powered prospect analytics: Analyze your prospects’ abilities, experience, choices and behavior using Ceipal’s AI engine. Get insights into your candidates’ task fitness, engagement level and schedule status, and make data-driven decisions.
- SMS and VoIP Integrations: Communicate with your candidates through text messages or voice calls utilizing Ceipal’s combinations with different SMS and VoIP service providers. You can likewise tape-record, transcribe and examine your discussions for quality assurance.
- Brings resumes from different job boards that are integrated with Ceipal ATS.
- Tracks the everyday activity and efficiency of your group.
- User-friendly user interface and simple navigation.
- Great customer assistance and training paperwork.
- Some bugs and glitches have actually been reported.
- Pricey for small businesses due to a minimum variety of seats requirement.
Ceipal ATS’s paid plans start from $24 per user per month, with a requirement of a minimum of five users.
How to select the best candidate tracking system
When picking an ATS, you must think about the size of your business and its employing needs. A totally free or affordable ATS such as Breezy HR may be sufficient for small businesses. On the other hand, bigger business might choose more thorough systems, such as JazzHR or Ceipal ATS, that offer advanced features and integrations. If you’re a recruitment firm, Employee CRM and Freshteam by Freshworks could be your best options. Additionally, if you want lots of flexibility to customize your workflows, then Zoho Recruit could be the one for you.
SEE: The best payroll software of 2023 (TechRpublic)
When deciding, it’s necessary to research study each tool thoroughly to guarantee it has all the features you require. You should also consider elements such as:
- Client support: You want to guarantee the ATS you choose offers reliable customer assistance so that you can get help when needed. The last thing you want is to have a concern you can’t solve by yourself and be unable to reach the assistance team.
- Information security: When managing sensitive data, you need to know that your ATS is secure and certified with market regulations. Your vendor ought to use the latest security procedures to protect your information.
- Scalability: If your company is growing rapidly, think about an ATS that can scale with you. You do not want to end up stuck to an outdated system if your hiring needs alter in the future.
- Prices vs. functions: You ought to do your due diligence to ensure you get the very best value for cash. Some suppliers use great functions, however at expensive a cost. Guarantee you strike the sweet spot that gives you the features you need without breaking the bank.
- Integrations: Your ATS should incorporate with other tools in your tech stack so that you can improve your workflow and optimize efficiency. Failure to pick a tool that integrates effortlessly with your existing innovation might imply changing your tech stack and, in the process, increasing the overall cost of ownership of your ATS.
- User experience: You desire a system that is easy to utilize for both recruiters and applicants. Try to find an ATS that includes a carefully-crafted user experience. For beginners, the user interface need to be instinctive. Menu classification and visual hierarchy need to likewise be attentively created.
- Evaluations and reviews: Search for user evaluations and reviews to get a much better concept of each ATS from individuals who have actually utilized it previously.
Lastly, ensure that whichever system you select meets your company’s spending plan limitations and enables simple application into existing workflows.
This evaluation was developed utilizing put together literature researched from pertinent databases. The information supplied within this article is collected from vendor websites or based on an aggregate of user feedback.
Read next: The best applicant tracking systems for 2023 (TechRepublic)