< img src="https://www.techrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/tr-best-payroll-small-business.jpeg"alt=""> Image: ADP Automatic Data Processing Inc. is a leading provider of comprehensive payroll, human capital management, advantages management and organization procedure outsourcing options. Established in 1949, ADP is one of the most recognized players in the HCM space, using a wide variety of services to help companies manage their most important resource: their people. With an existence in more than 140 countries, ADP is among the largest HCM service providers worldwide.
SEE: Payroll processing checklist (TechRepublic Premium)
ADP serves more than one million clients worldwide, including little, mid-sized and large organizations. As the market continues to develop, so too does the competitors, with a variety of alternatives emerging to challenge ADP’s market share.
< img src= "https://www.techrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Figure-A1_-ADP-Dashboard-770x512.jpg"alt="The ADP control panel."width=" 770" height= "512"/ > Image: ADP There are a number of alternative services readily available with similar features and capabilities as ADP. In this analysis of ADP competitors, we’ll assess their core services, features and capabilities, consumer experience and rates strategy to recognize the leading ADP alternatives in the market and what differentiates them.
Top ADP competitors and options: Contrast table
Top ADP competitors
This list offers a brief introduction of a few of the leading rivals and alternatives for ADP. We’ll cover product or services, functions and prices to assist you decide which option is best for your service.
Gusto: Finest general ADP competitor
< img src="https://www.techrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/tr121622-Figure-B_-Gusto-270x103.png"alt="The Gusto logo design."width="270"height=" 103"/ > Image: Gusto is an online payroll, benefits and HR platform that automates staff member information management, taxes and payroll. It is a top competitor of ADP, offering a comparable suite of services to small and medium-sized companies, consisting of automated payroll processing, time tracking and electronic onboarding. Gusto is among the fastest-growing payroll companies in the industry. < img src= "https://www.techrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Figure-B1_-Gusto.png" alt="The Gusto control panel."width="647"height ="428"/ > Image: Gusto is quickly ending up being a popular option for services that want an easy-to-use and economical payroll solution. Unlike ADP, Gusto files and pays federal, state and regional taxes, and it automatically produces and sends out W-2s and 1099s to staff members and professionals at no extra cost. Gusto also provides complimentary setup and migration for brand-new users, unlike ADP, which charges a setup charge.
Gusto uses 3 various economically priced plans depending upon your particular requirements, beginning at $40 each month plus $6 each month per worker for the Simple plan. Rates increases to $60 each month for the Plus strategy plus $9 each month per worker while the Premium plan’s prices information is offered upon demand.
Secret functions of Gusto
- Highly personalized
- Full-service payroll migration and account setup
- Full-service multi-state payroll, consisting of W-2s and 1099s
- Contractor-only strategy alternative
- Contracted employee payroll management: It’s perfect for small businesses with specialist staff members.
- Payroll management for start-ups and small businesses: Its limitless pay runs at no extra cost make this tool beneficial for startups or small businesses that are making numerous payments monthly.
- Personalize to your own usage case: Gusto services are extremely customizable depending on your requirements.
|Marketing deal||Free for the first three months||30-day complimentary trial|
|24/7 customer support||Yes||No|
|Worker portal||Life time access to see pay stubs, W-2s and hours worked||Payment history and approximately three years of W-2s/ 1099s|
|Medical insurance benefits||Yes||Yes (Offered in 35+ states)|
|Combinations||Third-party combinations with Wave, Xero, Intuit Quickbooks, Sage, Workday and Docufree||Integrates with QuickBooks, Xero, FreshBooks, Clover, Shopify, Sage Accounting and JazzHR|
Papaya Global: Best for worldwide workforce management
Image: Papaya Global Papaya Global is a leading worldwide payroll and workforce management platform, offering organizations of all sizes with the tools and services they require to manage a global workforce. The platform uses a detailed suite of services, created to assist business manage payroll, taxes, benefits, compliance
and more in over 160 countries. With Papaya, organizations can properly pay their employees, manage taxes and comply with regional regulations, reducing the problem of worldwide payroll. Papaya Global’s services are developed to streamline the complexities of global payroll and HR operations, allowing business to focus on their core business.
Image: Papaya Global Papaya Global offers prices plans that differ depending upon the consumer’s particular needs. The cost of the strategies is based upon the variety of staff members and services the client requires. Papaya
- Global uses 3 rates plans for its services: Global Payroll & Payments: Beginning at$
- 20 monthly per staff member Employer of Record: Beginning at$770 per month per
- staff member Specialist Management: Beginning at $25 per month per contractor
Key features of Papaya Global
- HR and payroll features that cover onboarding, payroll, benefits, taxes, insurance and compliance
- Catered services for 160+ nations
- Automated payroll processing
- Compliance with regional labor laws
- Safe and secure storage
- Worldwide payroll: This tool is excellent for simplifying payroll operations for companies with staff members all over the world, including for cross-border and cross-currency payments.
- Contracted staff member payroll management: Payment tracking and development tracking functions are specifically developed to work well with contractor-based labor forces.
- International HR and compliance management: Papaya Global provides a strong foundation for other global HR jobs, especially with automated worldwide compliance features.
|Marketing offer||Free for the very first three months||No|
|Presence||140+ nations||160+ nations|
|Customer base||Over 1 million||700 plus|
QuickBooks: Best for present QuickBooks users
Image: Intuit QuickBooks. QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software services for small companies. It is an extensive, cloud-based accounting option that provides features such as invoicing, payroll, balance due, accounts payable and bank reconciliation. It also offers tools for tracking costs, handling taxes and managing stock. QuickBooks is a terrific alternative to ADP for small companies that want an easy-to-use accounting option.
Image: QuickBooks Intuit QuickBooks Payroll uses
$62.50 monthly plus $10 per staff member monthly. In addition, QuickBooks has an ongoing 50% discount rate on the base rate for the first 3 months. Key functions of QuickBooks
- Automated bookkeeping
- Multi-currency assistance for worldwide payroll
- Inventory management for stock levels and purchase orders
- Tax preparation support
- Electronic and online Invoicing and billing
- Small-business financing and accounting: QuickBooks enables small business owners to track their financial resources by creating invoices, managing expenses and tracking sales and revenues.
- Small-business payroll: QuickBooks helps small company owners manage payroll by enabling them to pay staff members, track payroll taxes and generate precise payroll reports.
- Small-business stock management: QuickBooks helps small business owners handle their stock by tracking stock levels, setting reorder points and generating reports on stock expenses and sales.
|Standard direct deposit||2-day||Next-day (same-day available in premium and elite plans)|
|Advanced HR tools||Yes||No|
|Combinations||Incorporates with other accounting services||Incorporates flawlessly with QuickBooks accounting|
|24/7 support||Yes||Six days a week|
Paycor: Best for customized setups
Image: Paycor is a leading provider of cloud-based software options that assist businesses handle human capital. They offer a wide variety of HR, payroll and skill management solutions to streamline and enhance how organizations manage their labor forces. Paycor’s solutions are tailored to satisfy the particular needs of each business; they provide a variety of features, such as payroll processing, tax filing, staff member onboarding, and time and participation tracking. They likewise use detailed reporting, analytics and a mobile app to access their services quickly. Image: Paycor
Paycor offers 4 prices prepare for small companies, varying from Standard to Complete. The Basic plan starts at $99 monthly, plus $5 per employee per month. The Essential strategy costs $149 monthly, plus $7 per worker monthly. The Core plan is priced at $199 monthly, plus $8 per staff member each month. The Total strategy is $199 per month, plus $14 per employee monthly.
Secret functions of Paycor
- Customizable payroll, HR, time and participation, hiring and onboarding services
- Web and mobile app availability
- Staff member self-service website
- Comprehensive reporting functions
- 256-bit TLS 1.2 information encryption, MFA, IP filtering and other data security measures
- Performance management: Paycor can assist companies track staff member efficiency and establish techniques for improvement and settlement. This can consist of setting goals, tracking progress and gratifying performance.
- Talent and recruitment management: Skill management tasks like recruitment, onboarding, compensation management and constant skill advancement work are all possible in Paycor.
- Worker experience and engagement management: Paycor can be used to enhance the employee experience, with functions such as pulse surveys, belief analysis and a built-in knowing management system.
|Promotional offer||Free for three months||Waive 50% on month-to-month costs for one year for small companies; 3 months free for bigger companies|
|Combinations||Incorporates with Jobvite, iCIMS, Efficiency Pro and Iconixx||Incorporates with Staff Member Navigator, HIRETech, Ascensus, Principal and bswift|
|Release||Web, cloud, SaaS, Android and iOS||Web, cloud, SaaS, Android and iOS|
|Reduce of usage||Less so||Yes|
|Years of experience||Over 70 years||Over thirty years|
OnPay: Finest for streamlining complicated payroll processes
Image: OnPay is a cloud-based HR and payroll service that assists small and mid-sized organizations manage payroll and benefits. OnPay provides tools for setting up payroll, tracking time and running reports. It also allows companies to pay employees by adding funds directly to workers’ pay cards, direct deposit or paper check.
The platform can be integrated with other accounting and HR software application. OnPay uses extensive services such as tax filing, worker onboarding and employee benefits. The platform likewise has a wide variety of functions tailored toward helping companies handle their payroll and advantages, such as custom-made rules and reporting, payroll tax compliance and onboarding tools.
Image: OnPay is a perfect option to ADP for organizations aiming to simplify complicated payroll processes. The OnPay monthly base charge is $40 each month, plus $6 per staff member monthly. The charge includes payroll processing, direct deposit and tax filing.
Key features of OnPay
- Automated, repeating payroll
- Tax declare federal, state and local taxes
- Tax declare 1099 specialists instantly
- Worker onboarding kinds, access to worker self-service and direct deposit setup
- Various reports and analytics metrics
- Joblessness management: OnPay is helpful for joblessness insurance withholding.
- Advantages management: OnPay helps employers handle their staff member advantage plans, including tracking reductions, administering modifications and calculating payments.
- Custom-made payroll reporting: OnPay supplies in-depth payroll reports with adjustable filters, revealing companies a complete view of their payroll costs.
|Advertising deal||Free for 3 months||One-month complimentary trial|
|Limitless pay runs||Yes (costs extra)||Yes|
|Multi-state payroll||Yes (costs additional)||Yes|
|Accounting and time tracking combinations||Yes||Yes|
|Benefits and compliance management||Yes (expenses extra)||Yes|
|24/7 support||Yes||No live assistance on weekends|
|Several pay rates and schedules||Yes||Yes|
Is ADP worth it?
ADP deserves it for organizations searching for a comprehensive suite of payroll, HR and advantages solutions. It uses various features, including payroll processing, time and attendance tracking, tax filing and worker benefits management.
The platform is scalable, and its extensive functions make it a great choice for organizations of all sizes. They also offer 24/7 assistance to improve issue resolution time. ADP is especially appropriate for services that need a detailed payroll and HR service and those that wish to outsource their payroll and HR operations.
ADP benefits and drawbacks
ADP’s features, versatility and scalability make it an attractive option for many companies. Nevertheless, ADP has some advantages and disadvantages that you ought to think about before making a decision.
- Improves payroll procedures, making paying workers quickly and precisely much easier.
- Automates time and participation tracking, permitting supervisors to keep an eye on staff member hours worked.
- Offers staff member self-service choices, enabling staff members to access their own payroll and advantages information.
- Offers various payroll and HR services, including the capability to file taxes and manage worker advantages.
- Offers employer-specific payroll and HR services, such as staff member onboarding.
- Incorporates with other software such as accounting and HR systems for much easier data sharing.
- ADP keeps companies compliant with numerous federal and state laws, such as those related to payroll taxes and worker advantages.
- ADP provides consumer assistance that is available 24/7 so businesses can get help when they require it.
- The system can be costly, depending on what functions and services are bought, specifically for smaller organizations.
- No transparent prices.
- The system can be difficult to discover and needs specialized knowledge to get the most out of it.
- Some users have actually reported troubles in navigating the user interface
Do you require an option to ADP?
ADP provides robust and detailed services for services of all sizes, however there are a couple of prospective drawbacks. Some users have actually discovered that ADP’s interface can be a bit troublesome and hard to find out. In addition, a few of ADP’s features include a high price tag, making it hard for smaller sized businesses or startups to benefit from them.
SEE: Payroll processing checklist (TechRepublic Premium)
Fortunately, there are numerous options to ADP that use comparable features but with more easy to use user interfaces and better prices structures. Prior to you choose your favored payroll processing software application or service, make sure to consider your budget, your internal group’s ability, and any industry-specific compliance or security requirements that you require to abide by.
Read next: Top payroll processing services for small businesses (TechRepublic)